AnsweredAssumed Answered

UUGHHH TRANSITIONING

Question asked by SamuelWinkler on Aug 27, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 28, 2013 by SamuelWinkler

Title

UUGHHH TRANSITIONING

OK so i am new to the File Maker format.  I am a Drill Sergeant and I have privates take a PT Test and what I want to do is create fields that compare age and gender and compare them with number of repetitions of push ups.  I am trying to figure out how to take to pieces of data as though it was a spread sheet and find the value of where the two meet.  I may just be using the wrong logic thought process.  

MALES AGE                                           FEMALES AGE

Reps

17                     22                     27                     32                     17                     22                     27                     32
                    55                     72                     73                     75                     76                     90                     91                     92                     93
                    56                     73                     74                     76                     77                     91                     92                     93                     94
                    57                     74                     75                     77                     78                     92                     93                     94                     95
                    58                     75                     76                     78                     79                     93                     94                     95                     96
                    59                     76                     77                     79                     80                     94                     95                     96                     97

If the record for PVT JOE SNUFF  reads

AGE: 23  GENDER: MALE  and REPS: 57   so I want the Points Field to return a value of 75.

and if its 

AGE: 34  GENDER: FEMALE  and REPS: 58   so I want the Points Field to return a value of 96.

IF this was EXCEL I would use Index(REPS, A1:A100, Match(AGE, B1:I1,0) or something to that effect.

Can anyone help me?

Outcomes