6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2012 10:58 AM by philmodjunk

v3 Sliding Not Working

BryanN

Title

v3 Sliding Not Working

So I updated yesterday and while it fixed some known issues, it created another.   In my printable forms (quotes, purchase orders, etc), I am using a List View with form data in the header, the line item info in the body and then some footer info.  I have the line item description field set to be a good majority of the page size (so we can have multiline descriptions) set to slide up based on all objects above and resizing the enclosing part.  I have attached a screen shot of a sample.  Before v3, it would side up the line item descritpion field to only take as many lines as typed and then display the next line item below it.  It is now not doing that.  Insead, it is printing up 2 pages, one with each line item on them  Any idea why?

Screen_Shot_2012-10-30_at_10.31.11_AM.png

• 1. Re: v3 Sliding Not Working
          BryanN

Funny thing, going into the forms in layout mode, resizing the fields to a different size then back to how they were and doing the same with the bottom divider between the body and footer fixed it.  Though, if I am doing something fundamentally wrong here, let me know as I want this to be reliable.

• 2. Re: v3 Sliding Not Working
            philmodjunk

and doing the same with the bottom divider between the body and footer fixed it.

Perhaps your field's edge touched the body-footer boundary. Since objects in the footer won't slide up, this may have been the issue.

• 3. Re: v3 Sliding Not Working
              BryanN

Perhaps your field's edge touched the body-footer boundary. Since objects in the footer won't slide up, this may have been the issue.

Not sure.  I do know that when adjusting the size of the body/footer part, if I drag it up to the base of the field, it won't go any further than the field's bottom.  Continues to work fine even though they are right up against one another?

• 4. Re: v3 Sliding Not Working
                philmodjunk

That should work, but if your layout object gets "nudged" down even one pixel lower than that, it becomes part of the footer even though all but one pixel row is in the body. That would then keep the object for sliding up as expected.

• 5. Re: v3 Sliding Not Working
                  BryanN

That should work, but if your layout object gets "nudged" down even one pixel lower than that, it becomes part of the footer even though all but one pixel row is in the body. That would then keep the object for sliding up as expected.

At least I know better now. I may shrink them by a pixel or so, just don't want to mess with the print layout too much.

• 6. Re: v3 Sliding Not Working
                    philmodjunk

On the other hand, should this happen, it's pretty easy to spot if you look carefully at your layout while in layout mode and you can click objects to select them and use the up arrow key to nudge them up a pixel.