AnsweredAssumed Answered

Validating Portal Fields

Question asked by ChrisSmythe on Nov 24, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 25, 2012 by ChrisSmythe

Title

Validating Portal Fields

Hello, I am running FileMaker Pro v12 on Windows XP and am hoping that someone would kindly assist me with the following (please see my database at the following link):

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D0681807_60165357_49551  (Account Name: Admin   Password: click on OK as there is no password).

When I open the Personnel Layout and enter information into the Operation / Exercise field which is located in the Deployment Details area, the field allows me to enter in anything I type in.  This field is part of the Deployment Details Portal.

However, when I open the Operation & Exercise Names Layout and type in the Operation Name field, I can only type in those values listed in the dropdown list.

How can I please get the user to type into the Personnel Layout in the Operation / Exercise field so that they can only enter in values that are in the field's ValueList.  Value List name is: OperationExerciseNames.  This value list is associated with: ListOfOperations::OperationName.

Kind regards,

Chris smiley

Outcomes