2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2014 5:35 PM by par7667

validation in checkbox field with values list

par7667

Title

validation in checkbox field with values list

Hello,  Newbie on my part.

I set up a checkbox field that uses a values list.

Every time I change an entry in the field (check or uncheck) a validation pop-up occurs.  Is there a way to turn this off?   It is not needed and I tend to turn these on an off quite a bit and it is taking a lot of time.  Only options seem to be "always" or "changed values"

• 1. Re: validation in checkbox field with values list
          philmodjunk

Open Manage | database | fields, find the field definition for the field where editing a value pops up the validation message and remove the validation field option responsible.

But which field has this setting isn't always obvious and there are ways to have a message similar to a validation error message pop up via a script performed by a script trigger.

You may have a field with an auto-enter calculation that references the field you edited that also has a validation field option. So editing the first field trips an error in the second.

• 2. Re: validation in checkbox field with values list
            par7667

thanks.  your suggested had me relook at the settings.  I had doubled references to the values list in the manage database and again in the layout.  removed the auto enter aspect and the bothersome notification went away.  Thanks.