1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 5, 2009 9:25 AM by TSGal

Value List - Data Entry

unc12

Title

Value List - Data Entry

I am running FM 9 and providing IWP access. Have low to moderate DB skills.

I am not able to have a Value List function as data entry vehicle when accessing the database through IWP. I also included a commit script on the form, however this does not help. The form works when I directly input data into a duplicate data field, the same data field to which the value list is linked, when logged on through IWP. So the problem is not access privileges related or some other database related problem. It has to do with how Value Lists work in IWP. The drop down list - value list is available on the form. I am able to select a value and the selected value appears in the field, however if I do nothing or run the commit script, the value in the field reverts back to the value that was originally there.

The arrangement I have also works fine, that is the database accepts the Value list as a data entry vehicle in the regular database mode. It just does not work through IWP.

Any advise on this?

Thank you.

unc12   

• 1. Re: Value List - Data Entry
          TSGal

unc12:

Thank you for your post.

First of all, drop down lists should work in Instant Web Publishing.  Is the Value List based upon another field?  Or, is it a static list of pre-defined values?  If the form works when directly entering data into the field, try adding the same field onto the layout and set that to drop-down.  Does this work?

Any other information you can provide that will help me replicate the problem would be appreciated.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.