2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2013 8:52 PM by schamblee

Value List Based on a Related Field Does Not Populate in Inspector Data tab

RWR1911

Title

While creating a New Value List based on a Related Field using File→Manage→Value Lists, the dialog box steps in the numerous Specify Fields for Value List seem very clear, but I must be missing a step or two because when I switch to Layout mode, then click View→Inspector the New Value List that I expect to see does not even appear in the Inspector Data tab Display data from box. And it is here where I expect to add a value list to a field.

Before using the following steps, I related the primary and foreign keys in their respective Table Occurrences and created no portals in any of the tables I am using for the new value list.  

My steps are:

1.           File→Manage→Value Lists. In Manage Value Lists for “X” dialog box, I click New.
      3.           In Edit Value List dialog box, in Value List Name, I type All Job IDs, then click Use values from field:
      5.           In Specify Fields dialog box, in Use values from first field: I choose Jobs, then I click Jobs ID in the list of fields. I check Also display values from second field. In Jobs, I click Name.  
      7.           In Sort values using:, I click Second field. Then, I click OK until all windows are gone.
      9.           I switch to Layout mode. Then I click View →Inspector and in the Inspector Data tab, I see that no data populates in the Display data from box.  

What step or steps am I missing, which causes the Inspector Data tab not to populate?