2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2013 8:15 AM by aklobby

Value List Based on Field Changes the Information in the Field when clicked

aklobby

Title

Value List Based on Field Changes the Information in the Field when clicked

I am trying to set up a value list based on the field where my users can click on an item in a value list and then a script is performed to navigate to the proper layout and perform finds etc… I thought this was working well but then I realized that when I checked on the table that the value list was based on, the field information was being replaced. I have based the value list only on the name not the ID and the name. The problem I have is when I base the value list on the id and name then the script does not work to navigate to the other parts of the database, and when I base the value list on the name only then the script works but then the value list table is corrupted. 

The script asks an IF Else statement: If the field that the value list is based on = "xyz"then perform script A, Else perform script B. This is a simplified version of the script. The script has about 20 possible steps that can be taken based on about 20 choices the user can make (thus the reason for a value list and not a check box or radio button option). 

Any help is most appreciated. 

Allison