AnsweredAssumed Answered

Value List Based on Field Changes the Information in the Field when clicked

Question asked by aklobby on Nov 30, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 1, 2013 by aklobby

Title

Value List Based on Field Changes the Information in the Field when clicked

I am trying to set up a value list based on the field where my users can click on an item in a value list and then a script is performed to navigate to the proper layout and perform finds etc… I thought this was working well but then I realized that when I checked on the table that the value list was based on, the field information was being replaced. I have based the value list only on the name not the ID and the name. The problem I have is when I base the value list on the id and name then the script does not work to navigate to the other parts of the database, and when I base the value list on the name only then the script works but then the value list table is corrupted. 

The script asks an IF Else statement: If the field that the value list is based on = "xyz"then perform script A, Else perform script B. This is a simplified version of the script. The script has about 20 possible steps that can be taken based on about 20 choices the user can make (thus the reason for a value list and not a check box or radio button option). 

Any help is most appreciated. 

Allison

Outcomes