AnsweredAssumed Answered

value list based on multiple fields...

Question asked by Annette on Mar 6, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 6, 2015 by philmodjunk

Title

value list based on multiple fields...

Hi...I was looking to see if it was possible to create a value list based on multiple fields. 

I have a table I call People...with fields called PeopleID, LMID, Name, Services (repeating field), etc.  I have a second occurance of the people table called LMID, which is related by People::PeopleID = LMID::LMID.

The reason I have this relationship is because on a layout based on people...I have a field where you can select the persons manager (LMID).  There could be several people associated to a manager.  There is also a portal (LMID) on this layout which shows all the staff associated to the manager if your viewing their record.  All works fine.

What I'm trying to do is create a value list which populates the Services and all the Names of people associated to a manager.  For example, in case this is confusing...five pepole records have John Doe picked as their manager.  When on John's record I see those five people listed in the LMID portal.  I also have three different services listed in the repeating Service field. 

On a different layout (which is related to the People table) I want to be able to use a value list which shows the five names and three services.  I can do it successfully with separate lists but is there a way to combine the two to one list?

Outcomes