4 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2010 12:25 PM by wyrd9

Value List filter not updating

wyrd9

Title

Value List filter not updating

I am running FileMaker Pro 10 on Mac OS 10.5.8.  I am having a problem with a value list (using only related values) not reflecting newly added records.  

I have an Accounts table and a related Users table.  The Users table is related to itself using a matchfield for Account Name.  On a related (Appointments) layout, I have a popup using the value list "Account Name" which shows all values (~75 of them) and another popup using the value list "Users" which shows only values related to the Account Name match field.  This all works very well --until you add a new user to an existing account.  The new user does not show up in the Users popup.

Does anyone know what is happening here?

• 1. Re: Value List filter not updating
          philmodjunk

Does it never show up or does it fail to show up immediately after you make a new entry?

Is this a new entry made by the same user or a different user on a network?

If the new entry does show up eventually, then it's a refresh issue and you may need to see if committing a record or refreshing a window might update the value list.

If the new entry never appears in the value list, something is wrong with your value list or the relationship it uses.

• 2. Re: Value List filter not updating
            wyrd9

Thanks for your reply.  I am the only user and the database is not networked (so far).  

New records never do show up.  I will investigate the value list and relationship further and post if I figure it out.... or with more details if I don't.  :-/

Thanks again.

• 3. Re: Value List filter not updating
              philmodjunk

Compare your value list's "starting from" table occurrence to the table occurrence for your layout ("Show records from" in layout setup...) if they are the same, this should not happen. If they are different, you have to analyze your relationship graph and the values in your current record to see if it will work like you want.

• 4. Re: Value List filter not updating
                wyrd9

Thanks!