3 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2013 1:24 PM by GuyStevens

Value List Only Has ? Entry

Craxal

Title

Value List Only Has ? Entry

I am trying to create a value list for a drop-down control meant to fill a foreign key field.  The value list should get it's entries from a calculated field in a table, but the only entry that appears is a ? that fills the field with the first record in the table.

I have two tables containing organization information.  One table contains a foeign key field pointing to records in the other table.  I know the relationships are set up properly, because I have a label set to display the state name, and manually entering the foreign key in the Counties table correctly fills this label.  Yet when I try to create the value list based on the second table, it wont populate properly; all it gets is that ? entry.

I have another two tables with a value list setup exactly the same way.  Addresses contain city/state information.  However, creating a value list from the Cities table works just fine; the entries in the list appear as expected.

Any ideas on what's going on?  I've included an image detailing the table with the calculated field _Fill I'm trying to create a value list from.  The value list contains _PK_ but uses _Fill to display entries.

Screen_Shot_2013-05-25_at_12.53.39_PM.png