1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 12:15 PM by philmodjunk

Value List refreshed after performing a find

screamingmonkey

Title

Value List refreshed after performing a find

So I am trying to make a layout where I have 3 columns of Radio Buttons.  The first column is populated with a list of names being used, then when a name is clicked the second column updates to the numbers assigned to the name, and when a number is selected the third column will be a list of a second set of numbers.

I have it working with using a field as the Value list for the radio buttons, but when I select the first column the script does a find for just that name but the second column does not get updated.  

Is it possible to have the value list update after a find and only show the find results?  Is there a command to basically tell it to refresh the list and use only the found results?

Thanks.

Kevin...

• 1. Re: Value List refreshed after performing a find
          philmodjunk

The values in value lists cannot be directly linked to your found set. If they list values from a field, they either list all unique values from that table or all unique values from a subset of those records as controlled by a relationship.

To figure out how to get what you want, you'll need to post a detailed description of your data, tables and exactly what result you are trying to produce.