AnsweredAssumed Answered

Value List Search in Different Table

Question asked by LeahRiley on Jul 11, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 12, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Value List Search in Different Table

BACKGROUND: I have two tables.  T1 is linked to T2 (Tags) as a one to many relationship (T1 has unique values, T2 is a portal with multiple tags assigned to each T1).  

I setup a script in order to do a checkbox search.  The checkbox part works fine - I setup a dummy field (Tags::tagFind) where the values checked get dumped into this field.  When I check some boxes, or uncheck, the value list successfully changes with the appropriate text list.  Good so far.

Next I want to make a new find request for each value in the Tags:gTag dummy list.  I enter find mode, create a loop, and create a new find request for each entry.  This will be an OR search.  Still good so far.

PROBLEM: The last thing I need to do is search - The catch is, my active layout is linked to T1 but the field I need to search is in T2.  I know that the default is for Find to only search T1.  I can click on Perform Find[ ] and Specify Find Requests.  From here I can chose table T2 and the appropriate field I want to be searching in.  Next I need an operator, so I click "=" to match the whole word.  However, when I click find I get the oddest found set.  It includes a few records with nothing in the searched field, and records that have no overlap with the values from the list in either table.

I've included a screenshot of the script.  I'm very confused as to what could be happening.  Any help would be appreciated.

Screen_shot_2013-07-11_at_9.20.17_AM.png

Outcomes