2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2013 8:45 AM by vincel

Value list showing old data ...how do I find and delete?

vincel

Title

Value list showing old data ...how do I find and delete?

I've created a value list based off of the data in a field in a table.   I've modified that information a number of times and at one point deleted all the records and then imported an Excel file for that data (found that was much easier when entering a lot of information)

Now when I reference that value list for a field in another layout using a pop-up menu i'm seeing some of the old data in the list.   It's no where to be found when I look back again at the value list field but for some reason it's showing when I grab the drop down tool.

Is there a way to find this old data and delete it?

Or should I try to delete either or both the target and data fields and start over?

• 1. Re: Value list showing old data ...how do I find and delete?
          philmodjunk

You appear to have two tables: 1) The table where you use the value list to enter data and 2) The table that stores the data used to produce the value list.

Which table are you searching for the old values? To search 1), enter find mode, select one of the outdated values and perform a find. To search 2, create a new record in 1, select one of the old values, copy it to the clipboard. Switch to a layout based on the table for 2). Enter find mode, paste the copied text into the field that serves as the value source for your value list and perform the find.

If you can't find the data in either table, then either this is a custom values value list or something has gone wrong.

• 2. Re: Value list showing old data ...how do I find and delete?
            vincel

that worked...thanks!