1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 7, 2012 3:12 PM by philmodjunk

Value List with different colors

JeremyGarber

Title

Value List with different colors

I would like to make a drop-down list with each item of the list having a separate fill color. I am only able to figure out how to have one color for all of the list items. I have to assume it's not possible using just the "cutom values" option. I have tried making the list using the "use values from" option mapped to a dedicated table but I still can only figure out one color for the whole list. I have racked my brain about how to do this and have searched the forums with little luck. 

• 1. Re: Value List with different colors
          philmodjunk

You cannot display different actual colors in a value list. The value list can list color names, but not display the actual colors.

If you want to see the actual colors like you would for a simple color picker, best option I can suggest is to set up a portal with a container field or a conditional format providing the needed color. You can add a button to the portal row or make all fields in the portal into a button so that clicking them performs a script that enters the data you want entered when such a color is selected.