Value List: Pop-up menu vs. Drop-down list?
I am working on a large database of text entities (it is a character DB) that has a field for (in one example) "Classification.'
In that 'Classification' field, I want users to be required to select a value from an existing Value List, which will be static at first. (We may eventually roll out a more complex dynamic/conditional list schema, but for now it appears we can use a static list.)
Here are the desired behaviors:
- User must select from a present value
- User may not enter 'another' value
- Would be nice to be able to 'Allow editing of value list' but that would be unchecked for now
- Needs navigation arrows for when drop-down list gets long
- User should be able to search values in some way
It would seem as though I am looking for behavior styles from both the 'Pop-up menu' and Drop-down menu' Control styles.
Is it possible to have all the above desired behaviors in a Static Value List?