3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2014 6:50 AM by philmodjunk

Value lists in Tab controls

john9210

Title

Value lists in Tab controls

FM 12 Adv. I placed a global field gName in three tab panes as a way of filtering a value list. Each field has a different value list. I found that if I first added the fields to the panes and then configured them with value lists, they all changed in Browse to the value list in the first pane. However if I first configured each field with a value list and then added them to the panes, they all maintained their assigned value lists.

• 1. Re: Value lists in Tab controls
          philmodjunk

And your question is?

When you first add them to the panel of your tab control, you have to create separate copies of the field and each copy can be given different formatting such as different value lists. When you select a value list first, each copy of that value list that you then make will rerain the original value list format unless you change that format after creating the separate copies.

• 2. Re: Value lists in Tab controls
            john9210

That's not quite what I did. First, I placed a copy of the field in each tab pane. Then I opened each pane one at a time and set the value list on the field in the pane.

• 3. Re: Value lists in Tab controls
              philmodjunk

Sorry but that would seem to exactly match this statement from my previous post:

When you first add them to the panel of your tab control, you have to create separate copies of the field and each copy can be given different formatting such as different value lists.

I was describing two different scenarios, one sentence each. The first matches what you've described in your most recent post here.