4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2015 9:29 AM by Kaps_1

Value not appearing in footer

Kaps_1

Title

Value not appearing in footer

Hello,

I am using Filemaker 13, and I have a footer that is doing unsual things. Essentially the footer is not showing any numerical values.

I have moved the same fields to the body and header parts and they appear with the correct numerical values. However as soon as I put them in the footer I get a complete blank. I have attached some screenshots;-

Thanks

kind regards

Kaps

layout_mode.png

• 1. Re: Value not appearing in footer
          Kaps_1

So the two circled values are exactly the same. the next screenshot shows the values in preview mode:-

• 2. Re: Value not appearing in footer
            Kaps_1

and allthough the value appears correctly at the top, it does not appear in the footer, and neither do the other 3 values (which do appear if they are moved to the body or footer). can anybody suggest what I am doing wrong ? thanks

kind regards

Kaps

• 3. Re: Value not appearing in footer
              philmodjunk

In a list view layout with multiple records, the "rules" for what shows in fields placed in a header/footer change when you enter preview mode or try to print from the layout.

In Browse mode, a field will show data from the context of the current record in both header and footer.

In Preview Mode, a field in the header will show data from the first record on the page while the footer will show data from the last record on the page.

• 4. Re: Value not appearing in footer
                Kaps_1

Thanks - just experimented with your response and what you say is correct. However, how can I get the correct values in footer and header simultaneously ? The only way I can think of doing it currently is to write a script that puts the informations global field but that seems rather convoluted

kind regards

Kaps.