1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 19, 2008 6:40 PM by davidhead

Various database questions

jd2775

Title

Various database questions

Hi there, 

Bare with me....my lingo may not be that great!

1.  How can I autodisplay a field that is 1 day after the current day, with the option to modify? What would the script be?  I have a script for auto entering the current date, but can't figure out date +1.

2.  I am entering data in table X, which has 6-7 fields.  I want to generate a report based on data entered.  There is a possibility for multiple options under under many of the fields so I designed them as checkboxes.  The problem is I want to generate reports, both current day, <30 day, and detail forms (in a totally different layout).  When I switch to table view, the checkboxes are shown all over the place.  How can I get each checked box into it's own line in the report as plain text?  Ideally the rest of the information entered would be repeated on each line corresponding with the checkboxed items.  I am thinking I possibly have to have a seperate report layout for this, and can't just use the same table (different view), but I still would need to separate the lines.

BTW, I would be more than happy to email someone a copy of this database if it would help make things more clear.

Thanks for the help 

• 1. Re: Various database questions
          davidhead

Answer 1:

I would assume your auto-entered calculation is = Get ( CurrentDate )

So what you need is = Get ( CurrentDate ) + 1

Wasn't that hard eh? ;)

Answer2:

Sorry, I would need to see the file for that one but I suspect you may be getting bogged down in multiple values per field.