3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2010 12:41 PM by mrvodka

Vendors Not Found

Chris2

Title

Vendors Not Found

I am new to this forum.  Currently I am working in Mac OSX with File Maker Pro 7 for my budget.  This database was created a number of years ago in Version 5, which I could fumble around pretty well.  But I have some questions about using Version 7 and don't know where to go for answers.  We have a database of vendors, account numbers and purchase requisitions.  I seems to work well, but every time I open the purchase requisition file, it tells me it cannot locate the vendor file, which I then have to find manually.  I am wondering how to correct this.  Can someone help me?

• 1. Re: Vendors Not Found
          mrvodka

You should fix your file references.

I would highly suggest reading the Migration Tech Briefs as simply converting a fp5 file to fp7 does not mean that it should be used as is.

• 2. Re: Vendors Not Found
            Chris2

I read this document, and maybe I don't understand it, but I didn't find out how to correct any conversion errors.  The conversion was done some time ago without my knowledge, so I don't even know where to begin looking for file references.  On page 37 it talks about relationships, but I didn't understand what I would do to correct an error.  It's not that I don't appreciate the direction, I just don't know what to do now that I'm there.

• 3. Re: Vendors Not Found
              mrvodka

You have to go into Define File Reference.

Did you read the second one all the way through? Corn goes into pretty good detail about file references.