6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2009 9:46 AM by TSGal

Version 10 Upgrade Problem opening ver9 training files

CanBarry

Title

Version 10 Upgrade Problem opening ver9 training files

I just completed an upgrade to Ver10 from Ver9. I have the "Master the essentials of FileMaker 9" self paced training series. When I attempt to open the databases that came with this training series I receive the following message:

"Your Current version, ProAdvanced 10.0v1, is not supported by this file."

When I click on ok the dialog box closes and the FileMaker program also closes. Does anyone know if there is a way to open these files?

• 1. Re: Version 10 Upgrade Problem opening ver9 training files
          TSGal

CanBarry:

Yes, it appears that you can't open the Meeting files with FileMaker Pro 10.  I will get a copy of those files, make some changes so one can open them with FileMaker Pro 10, and send them to you.  It may take a few days.

The Training Series for FileMaker 10 will not be available until April.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Version 10 Upgrade Problem opening ver9 training files
            davidhead

Or you can do it yourself ;)

Some files suggest you should not open the file but then let you continue anyway. 

For the other files, open them in FileMaker Pro 9 (re-install it) and find the OnOpen script. In the Version Check section at the start of the script, change the Let statement from:

Let ([

vVersion = GetAsNumber ( Get ( ApplicationVersion ) );

vLowAccept = 9.01;

vHighAccept = 9.09;

vTest = Case ( vVersion < vLowAccept or vVersion > vHighAccept; 1; 0 )

];

vTest

)

To:

Let ([

vVersion = GetAsNumber ( Get ( ApplicationVersion ) );

vLowAccept = 9.01;

vHighAccept = 10.09;

vTest = Case ( vVersion < vLowAccept or vVersion > vHighAccept; 1; 0 )

];

vTest

)

That should do it. 

• 3. Re: Version 10 Upgrade Problem opening ver9 training files
              CanBarry

Thanks for the update.

We are new to FileMaker and we are planning to build a custom application to manage student needs in our technical school. The self paced learning tools "Master the Essentials of FileMaker 9" have been very useful in getting us up to speed. For now I have rolled back the version 10 upgrade which will allow us to continue to work through the training material. We will reinstall the version 10 product once we start to develop our application or we receive the updated learning files.

Thanks again.

• 4. Re: Version 10 Upgrade Problem opening ver9 training files
                TSGal

CanBarry:

With thanks for uLearnIT, I have made changes to the appropriate scripts and sent them to our Technical Support contact, who should be forwarding them to you shortly.  If you do not receive them by Tuesday midday, please let me know, and I'll make sure they are sent to you immediately.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 5. Re: Version 10 Upgrade Problem opening ver9 training files
                  fdemeuter

TSGal,

I have the same problem. I have bought Filemaker 10, but have the "Master the Essentials of Filemaker 9". Can you also send me the adapted files? Thank you

• 6. Re: Version 10 Upgrade Problem opening ver9 training files
                    TSGal

demf:

Thank you for your post.

I have sent the files to our Technical Support contact, and he should send them to you later today.  If you have not received anything by tomorrow (Tuesday), please post again, and I'll make sure the files are sent immediately.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.