AnsweredAssumed Answered

view images from hard disk in layout

Question asked by sandramedina on Aug 29, 2010
Latest reply on Oct 30, 2011 by Corné

Title

view images from hard disk in layout

hi everyone, I'm new to FM and as far as I have learned the software is very powerful and useful. My situation is the following, I hope someone can help me:

I have a DB for flower varieties, the main information for each variety is stored in a master table wich has the code, the name, the color, etc. I designed a layout where you can see all the information concerning a specific variety, and I would like to have the possibility to see the picture of the variety in this layout; the picture is a jpg file I have stored in a folder of my hard disk, each picture has the same name of the unique code of each variety, that is if the variety code is B490, the picture filed is called B490.jpg.

The DB at present has more than 7000 records (and of course I have the same number of jpg pictures stored on the hard disk; now the first question is: how do I tell FM to look on a specific route of my hard disk and seek for the jpg file to show it on the layout, in the corresponding field?

How do I import all the current references to the more than 7000 pictures?

How do I repeat this process every time I add a record to the DB, since it is a dynamic DB that increases everytime I get new varieties on my catalogue.

I hope someone can help me, thank you very much in advance.

Outcomes