1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 24, 2014 11:53 AM by philmodjunk

View list extending to the right instead of below

MichaelLyons

Title

View list extending to the right instead of below

Hello,

I would like to view my records in list view extending towards the right instead of extending below each record.  This would be somewhat like reading a book - left to right.  If anybody knows how to do this or is aware of a work-around, I would really appreciate some input.

Thanks,

Mike

• 1. Re: View list extending to the right instead of below
          philmodjunk

There is no simple way to do that in FileMaker.

Arranging records in columns instead of rows would require a series of portals placed side by side to produce the columns. There'd be only as many columns as you create portals and the closest you'd come to the horizontal scrolling would be to use portal filters that control what records appear in each column and you'd update a field used in the filter expressions to get the records in column 3 to appear in column 2, to scroll sideways one column.

If you are using Form view to view one record at a time, I suggest clicking the "book" control at upper left to move forward and back through your records.

Hmmm, it might also be simulated with a 3 panel slider and script triggers if you sized that slider to fill the screen...