3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2012 3:04 PM by philmodjunk

View the results of a find in a specific layout?

Varndawl

Title

View the results of a find in a specific layout?

Hopefully this is an easy question.smiley

First, a little additional info for clarification: I'm using IWP with FM12 Pro (not Advanced) so I'm planning to disable (or hopefully hide) the status area/tools at the top and use buttons to navigate around the site.

When users click on the "Search" button I have created, it takes them to a custom search page (Button Script: Go to Layout, Enter Find Mode). This page contains only the basic info: search by Last Name or search by Record Creation Date. Then there's a "Get My Results" button at the bottom of that page (Button Script: Perform Find). All of that works GREAT - except I want to be able to view my results in another layout that lists all of the results with more fields than just the search fields I allowed.

So...how do I view the results of a find in a particular layout?

• 1. Re: View the results of a find in a specific layout?
          philmodjunk

Do both layouts refer to the same exact name in Layout Setup | Show Records From?

If so, all you need to do is use go to layout to change layouts.

• 2. Re: View the results of a find in a specific layout?
            Varndawl

The reason it's not working is because I have a script trigger set up on that layout. I went through all this craziness trying to restrict access to records depending on the account name and now it works great, but if you ever push the "Show All" button OR if you change layouts and there's no script trigger, you get the endless list of "No Access" records. SO...that's why I'm hiding the toolbars and trying to do all of these work arounds.

Here's a screen shot of the script that I need to keep. How can I incorporate the other too??

• 3. Re: View the results of a find in a specific layout?
              philmodjunk

Is the script that you just posted the one performed by OnLayoutEnter?

You might consider having it constrain the found set instead of performing a find. (and you can delete lines 3 and 4 without altering the results produced by this script.)

You could also use global variables to disable script trigger performmed scripts:

Enclose your trigger performed scripts in an If block like this:

If [ Not $$TriggersOff ]

#Put your script here

End IF

Then for a script that you don't want to perform such scripts when it trips script triggers, do this:

Set Variable [$$TriggersOff ; Value: True ]

Put script here

Set Variable [$$TriggersOff ; value: False ]

(Note, if you have exit script or halt script steps in this last script, you need to put this last script step just before each such script step.)