1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 17, 2010 3:45 PM by philmodjunk

Viewing numerous summary fields at once using FP7

tamarisk

Title

Viewing numerous summary fields at once using FP7

I am using FP7 which I think only allows me to view summary fields in preview mode. This limits the number shown on screen to the width of the page, but I want to show a large number of fields. A previous post described setting up several layouts with overlapping columns and an arrow calling a script to move between them in order to view but this only works in browse mode, which doesn't display summaries. To solve this I have created a very wide custom page in the page setup menu with no margins which allows me to use the horizontal scroll controls to move across the fields. However now to print the report I have to create several layouts with A4 page sizes each with one page worth of fields and a script to print in sequence. This all works but seems very cumbersome and inelegant. Am I missing something simple here please? Any suggestions for a better solution?

• 1. Re: Viewing numerous summary fields at once using FP7
          philmodjunk

This definitely seems like an odd set up. Summary Fields are fully visible in browse mode with Filemaker 7 and even earlier versions.

Sub-Summary layout parts--which are often used to display summary fields--are not visible in browse mode for all versions except filemaker 10.

Needing a special page size just view the data, seems very extreme, You might find that a restructuring of your tables would reduce the number of columns needed for you report. You can also set up several layouts--each of which prints a subset of the fields.

You can of course print in landscape orienation to legal size paper to squeeze a few extra inches of data on your report as well.