AnsweredAssumed Answered

Viewing Portal Data Separately

Question asked by Dekade on Oct 29, 2010
Latest reply on Oct 29, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Viewing Portal Data Separately

FileMaker Pro Advanced 9.0

1)     I have Table A with 2 tabs and Table B

2)     Table B is viewed through a portal on the 1st tab in Table A.

3)     In Table B there is a field called "Parent Code" which contains one alphabetic letter chosen from a list of 12 letters (each alphabetic letter represents a different production operation)

4)     Table B also contains a field called "Divided Minutes" which gives a return of a number of minutes from a calculation

5)     Table B also contains a field called "Portal Row Cost" which gives a return of a number of dollars from a calculation

6)     On a 2nd tab in Table A I want to do the following:

a.)      Create 12 separate portals or lists that show the accumulated data for each Parent Code letter (see 3) above)

b.)      I would like each Parent Code portal or list to replicate each portal row and all row fields information as in the original Table B portal

c.)      I also want to see the sum totals for the "Divided Minutes" and the "Portal Row Cost" for each of the Parent Code letters portal or list.

How do I pull these 12 different Parent Code categories of data from Table B portal and set up this display of data on the second tab in Table A?

Thanks,

Dekade

Outcomes