8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2011 11:18 AM by NaturSalus

Visual Artifacts in Browse Mode

NaturSalus

Title

Visual Artifacts in Browse Mode

Hello,

My question is what could be the cause of the visual artifacts that I get in Browse mode when for instance I am modifying a field.

The visual artifacts that I am seeing are horizontal lines that don't correspond to any real object on any part of the layout.

The visual artifacts shown in the picture attached originated when I filled in the Deviation Status.

Any clue about what is going on?

Thanks,

natursalus

• 1. Re: Visual Artifacts in Browse Mode
          philmodjunk

What viewing mode are you in? View as List or View as Form?

What layout parts (Header, body, footer, etc) do you have?

• 2. Re: Visual Artifacts in Browse Mode
            NaturSalus

Hello Phil,

What viewing mode are you in? View as List or View as Form?

Default View: Form View

What layout parts (Header, body, footer, etc) do you have?

Just the Body part

The main layout is the Deviation Detail layout based on the DEVIATION table.

The whole project is built around the DEVIATION table.

The artifacts show up randomly. Sometimes after modification of a field. On another occasions after moving from a tab to the next.

In order to get rid of them one has to go to another tab and come back to the tab with the problem.

There is no define trend.

In one session you could get along with no artifacts but in the next you could get some of them.

Thanks

natursalus

• 3. Re: Visual Artifacts in Browse Mode
              philmodjunk

Sometimes after modification of a field. On another occasions after moving from a tab to the next.

In order to get rid of them one has to go to another tab and come back to the tab with the problem.

Are all the objects shown in your posted screen shot part of a panel in a tab control?

Does this line correspond at all with the bottom edge of the tab control? (don't think so but let's be sure...)

Is there any object hidden beneath the tab control?

• 4. Re: Visual Artifacts in Browse Mode
                NaturSalus

Phil,

Are all the objects shown in your posted screen shot part of a panel in a tab control?

No, the grey line an the blue banner at the bottom are not part of a panel in a tab control.

As a matter of fact, the edge of the panel ofthe Tab control is under the grey line at the bottom. I will move it up so that it is right above the edge of the grey line.

AS can be seen in the new picture, the change din't improve the problemfm11 visual artifact 2

The two objects shown at the bottom on the screen shot: the grey line and the blue banner are on top of the Tab control, should they be under the panel edge of the Tab control to avoid problems?

Does this line correspond at all with the bottom edge of the tab control? (don't think so but let's be sure...)

No

Is there any object hidden beneath the tab control?

No, I double checked

Maybe the problem lies in how I have laid down the grey line and blue banner in relation to the tab control panel edge. What should be the correct way of doing it?

Thanks,

navarro

• 5. Re: Visual Artifacts in Browse Mode
                  philmodjunk

The grey line is not the artifact but the gaps in it are?

The blue banner is shown below the boundary of the tab control so it shouldn't be an issue.

I suspect that tab controls won't "play nice" with objects that overlap them. (Some part of the line extends past the edge of the tab control and thus it does "belong" to any one panel in the tab control?

What should you see in this layout if all is working the way you want it?

• 6. Re: Visual Artifacts in Browse Mode
                    NaturSalus

It is getting confusing..

The grey line is not the artifact but the gaps in it are?

There are two grey line types:

the artifacts

the grey line on top of the blue banner

The artifacts are those grey lines that show up in the tab control panel.

I suspect that tab controls won't "play nice" with objects that overlap them. (Some part of the line extends past the edge of the tab control and thus it does "belong" to any one panel in the tab control?

The grey line not longer overlaps, but the problem shows up again, see the figure.

What should you see in this layout if all is working the way you want it?

Everything that looks out of place. In all the pictures those continuous or siscontinues grey lines are artifacts: I really don't know their origin.

Okay I'll get of the grey loine at the bottom but my feeling is that it will not sort out the problem.

fm11 visual artifacts 2

Thanks

natursalus

• 7. Re: Visual Artifacts in Browse Mode
                      philmodjunk

The grey line "on top of the blue banner" appears to me to be just the beveled edge of your tab control which is why I haven't and still don't see it as an artifact here.

The line running through the bottom row of fields on your tab panel was and is the only artifact that I see here.

With the most recent changes, does that line do what you want? (don't understand why you'd have this line in the first place.)

• 8. Re: Visual Artifacts in Browse Mode
                        NaturSalus

Phil,

The grey line "on top of the blue banner" appears to me to be just the beveled edge of your tab control which is why I haven't and still don't see it as an artifact here.

No that grey line is a line on itself.

The line running through the bottom row of fields on your tab panel was and is the only artifact that I see here.

Certainly

With the most recent changes, does that line do what you want? (don't understand why you'd have this line in the first place.)

Seems like the artifact are gone (I hope...)

Changes that worked:

I moved some pixels down the grey line at the bottom so that there is a space between the tab control panel edge and the grey line.

I have arranged both the grey line and the blue banner at the bottom so that they are under the tab control panel.

Thanks for your help and patience