0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2013 3:45 PM by CarolynB

Visual quality poor on PDFs from Filemaker created on my computer

CarolynB

Title

Visual quality poor on PDFs from Filemaker created on my computer

PDFs created on my computer from Filemaker have very poor visual quality, although PDFs of the same layout in the same file created on a co-worker's computer look good, and also PDFs created from other programs on my computer look good.  It has been suggested to me that the problem may be with Acrobat, not Filemaker.  However, if that's true, wouldn't the PDF quality also be poor on PDFs created from other programs like Word or Excel?

I'm using Filemaker Pro 12 Advanced, and Adobe Acrobat X Pro 10.1.4, on a PC running Windows 7.

A related issue:  I thought the problem might be that the font used in this layout wasn't installed on my computer (as a co-worker created this layout on her computer), so I installed the font the co-worker thought was used on this layout.  However, after installation, this font doesn't appear in the Config/More Fonts window, so I can't specify it for use with this layout.  The font does appear in Word and Excel, so I don't think anything went wrong with its installation.