4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2013 12:32 PM by philmodjunk

Want Layout to display only user entered data

user29517

Title

Want Layout to display only user entered data

Hello,

I have created accounts for all of our faculty members and an admin account. Faculty has access to only the records they create. My question is when they login with their own account how do I make the list in the layout give only the records they create. Currently, it gives the list of all the records with fileds saying <No Access>. If a search is done with their username it brings up their records. I want the list to bring up the records based on username when a user log's in rather giving every record. Any suggestions...

Thank you

Meeta

• 1. Re: Want Layout to display only user entered data
          philmodjunk

Any find that the user or a script performs will automatically omit the "no access" records. Set up a script to perform a find when the user first opens the file or first accesses the layout and you'll see the No Access records disappear.

• 2. Re: Want Layout to display only user entered data
            user29517

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I have created a Startup Script as below. When a user log's in it brings up the list of the records that user has created but the list also gives the records which use does not have permission to view with  <No Access>. Do I have to create a separate layout for Faculty and Admin or is there another way. I am attaching a screenshot for your reference. I am very new to scripting and learning along. Kindly advise. Thank you.

Enter Find Mode [Restore; Pause] (I have specified Find Requests as look up for Records created by = Get(Acount name)

Omit Record

Perform Find[]

Go to Layout [original Layout]

• 3. Re: Want Layout to display only user entered data
              philmodjunk

If I understand the script you have created, you should remove the omit record step as it, in this context, will cause the perform find to omit the records matching the specified criteria instead of finding them.

• 4. Re: Want Layout to display only user entered data
                philmodjunk

And here's a simple find script that will also find all records for which the user is permitted access:

Enter Find Mode[]
                     Set Field [YourLayout'sTable::NeverBlankField ; "*"]
                     Set Error Capture [on]
                     Perform Find []

This method assumes that the fields placed on the layout are from "YourLayout'sTable". If they are from a related table and that related record is "no access" you might still see that on your screen.