AnsweredAssumed Answered

Want to create a database via file import - but data is in 6 different spreadsheets.

Question asked by tglatt on Feb 13, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 13, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Want to create a database via file import - but data is in 6 different spreadsheets.

I want to create a new database in FM Pro 11. I have sets of financial data for a number of financial institutions. One spreadhseet contains contact info such as the institution name, address, etc. Each institution's financial records are spread across other, multiple spreadsheet files, with a unique ID as a key record in each of the spreadsheets that tie the data back to the appropriate financial institution.

In the filemaker database I want to have two tables, one table with contact info, the other with all of the financial data.

What I want to do is import each file containing the financial records so that new fields are added to the financial data table.

Unless I can do something lie this, I fear that I am going to have to manually enter the fields in the database manager.

Any guidance on whether you can add new fields to a database table as you import new files?

Outcomes