2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2013 9:52 PM by philmodjunk

Want to: Auto-complete in Pop-up OR "display values from second field" in Drop-down...

keebrook

Title

Want to: Auto-complete in Pop-up OR "display values from second field" in Drop-down...

I have a database that contains Students and Classes. On the Students page, I have a portal (student-to-class join) that shows which classes the student has registered for. I currently have it set up as a pop-up menu that displays the Class Name, though it creates a relationship with the Class Primary ID number. 

We have over 400 classes in our database and continue to add more each month. I would like a way to easily be able to sift through the hundreds of classes when registering a student. Possibly a search or auto-fill function.

A dropdown menu would be ideal since I could start typing part of the class name (which consists of a date, course #, and location) and get a smaller drop down menu to select from... but after selecting, the portal would display only the Class ID number, which isn't too helpful when skimming the portal to see which classes have been taken. A pop-up menu is nice because I can see the Class Name on the Sutdents page... but I can't have the autocomplete functionality.

Is there a way to have the functionality of a dropdown menu (auto-fill), that creates a relationship with the Class ID, while also displaying only the Class Name (like a pop-up menu)?