2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2010 8:05 AM by PointInSpace

Web Form to retrieve data

rogercuthbert

Title

Web Form to retrieve data

Hi I am a new user and would like to create a database of names and addresses for a competition and ideally I would like the data to be input from a web site.  Can i do this with just FM Pro 10 or do I need some additional software.

Sorry if this is a basic question.

Any advice gratefully recd 

• 1. Re: Web Form to retrieve data
          davidanders

The Femaker Pro version can allow input from web browsers from five concurrent users. (at one time)

Filemaker Server allows more concurrent users.

You need to set up your IP address (static or dynamic IP address) to allow users to access the database.

If hosted on your computer, it needs to be ON all the time, unless updating will only happen from 8 to 5.

If hosted on a server, you need to pay someone to host the database, that hosts Filemker Databases. 

• 2. Re: Web Form to retrieve data
            PointInSpace

If you are interested in having your database hosted by a professional FileMaker hosting provider, have a look at our services:

http://www.pointinspace.com/ 

We've been hosting FileMaker for over 11 years.  Using a host can save you the cost of FileMaker Server (Advanced), server hardware, upgrades and monitoring for an affordable monthly fee.  Feel free to contact me here or off-list at jmay(at)pointinspace.com with any questions you may have.  Thanks!

- John