1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 18, 2011 3:28 AM by JamesClark

Web Published Database not accessible

JamesClark

Title

Web Published Database not accessible

I recently began using the contact management starter solution and it was working very nicely. Best of all instant web publishing also worked brilliantly, I simply switched it on and an ip address was automatically generated for the database and accessible by other machines in the office connected to the network.

Now suddenly, the next day nothing is found at this address on any machines except the machine from which I had been using filemaker. (This machine, though the place where filemaker is locally installed is not the location in which the specific database was stored). 

Doesn't seem to be a browser issue as I tested on a couple of different browsers on a different machines. Nothing is found at the ip address.

• 1. Re: Web Published Database not accessible
          JamesClark

Figured it out, in case others face the same problem. All the macs that I tried to use to access the database were not in the network location that I had created for the office and did not have the correct DNS server settings. I'm not quite sure why this mattered a whole lot given that the database has an ip address generated for it and not a domain name so presumably the DNS service wouldn't have been needed and additionally I don't particularly understand why those machines were today not in the right location but yesterday were fine but in any case now it works! yay