1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 17, 2009 12:31 PM by TSGal

Web Publishing 10.0 Problem Starting

lynfordd@mac.com

Title

Web Publishing 10.0 Problem Starting

Ever time I try to  use instant WEB Publishing I get a message I get a Message

"Filemaker Cannot share files over the web because Instant Web Publishing Could Not Be Started "

I have up dated the Web Publishing File with the Updater. 

• 1. Re: Web Publishing 10.0 Problem Starting
          TSGal

lynfordd:

Thank you for your post.

Pull down the File menu and select "Sharing -> Instant Web Publishing...".  Try turning on Instant Web Publishing.  If this turns on, then you should be fine.  If not, try changing the port to 591 (registered with FileMaker, Inc.).  If this still doesn't turn on, then there is something on your machine that is stopping Instant Web Publishing from turning on.  Quit FileMaker Pro and reboot the computer.  Once rebooted, do not launch any other application except FileMaker Pro and try turning on Instant Web Publishing.  If successful, then you had a conflict with another application.  If you still cannot turn on Instant Web Publishing, then perhaps Instant Web Publishing was not installed with FileMaker Pro.  Uninstall and reinstall FileMaker Pro.

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down possible causes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.