4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2009 11:27 AM by jasonk

web publishing for guest entry with no other access

jasonk

Title

web publishing for guest entry with no other access

greetings.  have a couple databases that i want shared as guest for people to enter new records but remove all other access.  meaning for guest they should have no status bar, no browsing, no editing, no deleting, etc even for the record they add.  how do i accomplish this?

thanks.

• 1. Re: web publishing for guest entry with no other access
          ninja

Howdy Jasonk,

Welcome to the forum.

no editing for the record they add?  So they can create a new (blank) record and then can put no data in it.  You'll have a lot of blank records from your guests will you not?

What you're looking for is found under File>Define>Accounts&Privileges.  Look at the options available, and test it to death to make sure you have what you want...your description sounds a little iffy to me, but I might be misunderstanding.

Under File>File Options you can also set a default login if that helps you get to where you're trying to go.

Can you share more details about what you're trying to accomplish? 

Enjoy the day!

• 2. Re: web publishing for guest entry with no other access
            jasonk

the records are a means of submitting themselves into an entry database: a list of people wanting inclusion into a selection process.  i dont want guest to be able to mess around or even see other submissions.  so the first page is a "new entry" and the submit button enters the fields into the database and then i want them out and done with it, if they return the form will setup for "new entry".

the area i think im supposed to be in is not something i can edit (manage accounts and privs -> priv set), for guest id like to edit the defaults but its greyed out.

• 3. Re: web publishing for guest entry with no other access
              ninja

Got it,  you want to use all autoentered or startup-script entered data.

Check out the default login and have it login under an account you set up yourself (not the Guest).

This will work when you login too...you'll be in the default account.

For yourself, during login, you'll have to hold the shift key to bypass the default login and let you login to the administrator account.

(Check out default logins through the help section of FMP)

This seems to be what you're after.

• 4. Re: web publishing for guest entry with no other access
                jasonk

able to set new permissions now and even set it to guest, thanks for the tip.  now i just need to figure out if there exists a permission set/combination to do what i want. i'll report back if im able, so far no luck.

thanks.