1 Reply Latest reply on May 18, 2011 9:17 AM by philmodjunk

Web Publishing Mode: global variables, script triggers and getting around open/commit

JingXia

Title

Web Publishing Mode: global variables, script triggers and getting around open/commit

Hi, I'm trying to create a dynamic form that has global fields where the user can enter search criteria in the header and results are automatically updated in list form in the body below. Everything works smoothly in FM, but when I publish to web, my global variables (mail merge tags), OnObjectSave script triggers, and check boxes in the body do not work. 

I have attempted to put "commit record/request" at thestart of my scripts and "open record/request" at the end of the script to keep the dynamic interface, and this works on a button with global fields, but has as of yet been unseccessful with records. 

Is there some way to simulate the FM environment during web publishing to a browser?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Web Publishing Mode: global variables, script triggers and getting around open/commit
          philmodjunk

Script Triggers do not work in Instant Web Publishing the way they do with regular FileMaker.

The only way you can trip script triggers in FileMaker is via another script.

Example: If you click a button that performs a script that uses the step go To Field to enter a field, an OnObjectEnter trigger set on that field will "fire", but if you just click or tab into the field shown on your web browser, it will not.

It won't be as nice an interface, but best I can suggest is to add a button next to your search field(s) that you click to run the script after entering the search criteria.