4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2011 3:32 PM by SusanFenner

Web Publishing ~ Where can I find someone who will help me put my data base online?

SusanFenner

Title

Web Publishing ~ Where can I find someone who will help me put my data base online?

I hired a man to help me publish my nonprofit FMP database to the web  . . .  told him ahead of time exactly what I needed.  He was highly recommended, had all the FMP training, even taught FMP at UT Austin. etc.  I had attempted to do it on my own, but wasn't sure that I was doing it correctly and the data is very confidential.  When he started helping me, it quickly became apparent that while he might be a whiz in most things FMP, he had not bothered to research what I needed and knew even less than I.  We worked for 1.5 hours.  He said it was done.  I paid him.  I tried it with a friend, who was unable to access the database.  I am extremely frustrated.

I don't mind spending my own money for help.  I am the Executive Director of a small, state-wide nonprofit.  www.tifa.org  Being able to put the db on the internet will allow one other person to take on a lot of the work and stress.  It will make all the difference to me.  I don't even know that this is the appropriate place to ask for help.  If anyone would be willing to email or talk with me, I would be so very appreciative!

BTW, I've been a user and a fan of FMP for as long as it has been around.  Before I retired, I taught special ed in a high school.  I developed a database to keep up with the students that is still being used today.  I love making databases.