1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2014 11:47 AM by longnguyen1971

Web Viewer and Maps

temporos

Title

Web Viewer and Maps

Hello, all.  I have a tabbed layout in FM Pro 10 that has a "Map" tab.  In this tab, I have a Web Viewer area that is set up to fetch a Google map based on the address data for the displayed record.  However, when the map is generated, the entire web page appears in the web viewer.  I just want the map, not the stuff on the left and top of the page (suggestions, and the Google header).  I've tried putting in the URL for an "embedded" map, but that still returns the same standard Google Maps web page.  The correct address shows up on the map, but I don't want all that other non-map stuff.  Has anyone else had this issue?

• 2. Re: Web Viewer and Maps
          raybaudi

temporos wrote: 

I just want the map, not the stuff on the left and top of the page

Even without the API key...

Try to insert this into a WebViewer ( named "web" ):

"data:text/html,
          <style type='text/css'>
          html,body {
          overflow:hidden;
          }
          </style>
          <html>
              <head>
                  <title>NavText</title>
              </head>
              <body bgcolor='#FFFFFF' TopMargin='10' style='border:0'>
                  <iframe width='" & GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "web" ; "width" ) - 40 &
                      "' height='" & GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "web" ; "height" ) - 30 &
                      "' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' marginheight='0' marginwidth='0'
                      src='http://local.google.com/maps?q=" & Address & "," & City & "," & State & "," & Zip & "&amp;output=embed&iwloc=0'>
                  </iframe>
              </body>
          </html>"

• 3. Re: Web Viewer and Maps
            mrvodka
               Cool did not know about the output=embed attribute.  
            • 4. Re: Web Viewer and Maps
              temporos

Hi, Ray.  I copied/pasted the code you wrote into the "Web Address" field in the Web Viewer Setup dialog box.  Of course, I changed the names of the address fields to work with my tables.  When I saved the layout and viewed the web viewer, it tried to load for about ten seconds, then stopped and showed a blank page.  I'm wondering if there was another field instead of "Web Address" that I should have entered the code into.  I couldn't see another one, though...

Thanks for your help so far! 

• 5. Re: Web Viewer and Maps
                mrvodka
                   Did you name the Web Viewer itself as "web" in the Object Info Pallette?
                • 6. Re: Web Viewer and Maps
                  temporos

mr_vodka wrote:
                  Did you name the Web Viewer itself as "web" in the Object Info Pallette?
                  Oh, man, no.  I didn't.  Sorry; completely overlooked that.  It works now, thanks a lot! 

• 7. Re: Web Viewer and Maps
                    joemed

raybaudi wrote: 

Even without the API key...

Try to insert this into a WebViewer ( named "web" ):

"data:text/html,   ...... (edited quote) .....

src='http://local.google.com/maps?q=" & Address & "," & City & "," & State & "," & Zip & "&amp;output=embed&iwloc=0'>

Thanks for the work, I read the thread closely. I changed the Address info to my data base (quoted above), basically copied the original FMP web info.  I get an error  "the specified Table can not be found"  I am missing the location for my table.  I changed the object name. I am missing something simple.  Please help.

all the text is identical as your post except - my web info is below:  My Table & Database = "Order"

src='http://local.google.com/maps?q=" & /*Address=*/ Order::Inspection Address & "," & /*City=*/ Order::Inspection city & "," & /*State=*/ Order::State & "," & /*Zip Code=*/ Order::Zip & "&amp;output=embed&iwloc=0'> 

thanks in advance 

Joe

• 8. Re: Web Viewer and Maps
                      raybaudi

Hi Joe

I do not see anything wrong.

Try to enter the web address directly into the browser bar and see what appens.

• 9. Re: Web Viewer and Maps
                        joemed

raybaudi wrote:

Hi Joe

I do not see anything wrong.

Try to enter the web address directly into the browser bar and see what appens.

Browser Bar ?
                        Here is the full text. I entered it in the Web Address box Under Custom Web Address and Google Maps (us) Still Table not found. I am Mac and using FMP 9
                        Thanks for the prompt follow up 
                        Joe  

"data:text/html,
                        <style type='text/css'>
                        html,body {
                        overflow:hidden;
                        }
                        </style>
                        <html>
                            <head>
                                <title>NavText</title>
                            </head>
                            <body bgcolor='#FFFFFF' TopMargin='10' style='border:0'>
                                <iframe width='" & GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "web" ; "width" ) - 40 &
                                    "' height='" & GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "web" ; "height" ) - 30 &
                                    "' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' marginheight='0' marginwidth='0'
                                    src='http://local.google.com/maps?q=" & /*Address=*/ Order::Inspection Address & "," & /*City=*/ Order::Inspection city & "," & /*State=*/ Order::State & "," & /*Zip Code=*/ Order::Zip & "&amp;output=embed&iwloc=0'> & "&amp;output=embed&iwloc=0'>
                                </iframe>
                            </body>

</html>" 

• 10. Re: Web Viewer and Maps
                          TSGal

joemed:

I think raybaudi was trying to say to substitute fields with the contents of the fields and enter it directly into a browser.  For example, launch Firefox and enter:

http://local.google.com/maps?q=<the street address>,<the city>,<the state>,<the zip > &output=embed&iwloc=0

Does this work?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 11. Re: Web Viewer and Maps
                            joemed

TSGal wrote:

joemed:

I think raybaudi was trying to say to substitute fields with the contents of the fields and enter it directly into a browser.  For example, launch Firefox and enter:

http://local.google.com/maps?q=<the street address>,<the city>,<the state>,<the zip > &output=embed&iwloc=0

Does this work?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

That works fine.
                            I should say this is an attempt to work around the real issue that only recently began to be an issue, few weeks, the google map is slow - slow as in not working. The map address works fine in Firefox or Safari.
                            "Still loading" is the issue. The map is there but in the side and I cannot get rid of the panel on the left to make the map fully visible. Maybe there is another answer. Why it so slow on google maps.  I have to wait and then use basic html. No zoom. 
                            I tied the other html... but the map would not load. 
                            thanks
                            joe 

• 12. Re: Web Viewer and Maps
                              joemed

I resolved the issues. For now. I set up a field to create the address (<city> & <state> ..) and I then drag the address into the Google map browser window in FMP. The map pops up immediately. No "still waiting" I resolved the map as the full page but it is still slow because it loads from the data provided from the FMP script.  ???

Not perfect but it works and quickly.  

Thanks for all those who helped.

Joe 

• 13. Re: Web Viewer and Maps
                                bigtone

I'm having exactly the same problem with the could not find specified table dialog.
                                Has anyone managed to get to the bottom of the issue. I can't see a mistake in my code anywhere!
                                Thanks 
                                • 14. Re: Web Viewer and Maps
                                  philmodjunk

bigtone wrote:
                                  I'm having exactly the same problem with the could not find specified table dialog.
                                  Has anyone managed to get to the bottom of the issue. I can't see a mistake in my code anywhere!
                                  Thanks 

"could not find specified table" is filemaker trying to tell you that you've referred to a field in your expression that does not exist in your database.

If you can't spot the error by inspecting your code, you could try entering one small portion of the expression at a time until the error message pops up. That might help you narrow it down.

1 2 Previous Next