AnsweredAssumed Answered

web viewer behaviour in tab panels

Question asked by mbrunton on May 22, 2009
Latest reply on Jun 1, 2009 by mbrunton

Title

web viewer behaviour in tab panels

I wonder if somebody could give me a steer on where I'm going wrong with setting up web viewers in a tabbed panel (I'm reasonably au fait with FileMaker from way back but there's obviously something here I'm just not getting.)

I have successfully created 3 web viewers to query different databases with the content of a particular field. They all work as expected. But when I try to lay them out in a tabbed panel they do not respond properly to the tabs—that's to say, when I switch to browse mode all the viewers appear to trigger, and after changing tabs a couple of times only the content of one of them will show. I thought this might have something to do with the way the tabs arranged, I have tried sending everything backwards and forwards to no avail.

My next effort was to copy and paste a set of tabbed web viewers from FM's example database. I carefully replaced my own urls and search strings into the viewer setup boxes and hey presto, they did the same thing. After a lot of playing around it seems that whichever web viewer I set up last seems to hog the show every time. Are there some niceties of the setup search strings that might cause this behaviour?

The other oddity I notice is that although documentation says that "When a web viewer is on a non-front tab control it's URL calculation will not be evaluated," I can briefly see that the pages do flicker load before the dominant web page grabs the front.

I expect I'm missing something really obvious, but grateful if anyone could enlighten me.

Mick (Mac OSX 10.5.7, FM Pro 10)

Outcomes