3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2015 1:01 PM by schamblee

web viewer crash

tmlutas

Title

web viewer crash

I have a pretty simple database that includes a text field and a web viewer whose page displayed is defined by the text field. For some strange reason, the following url seems to consistently cause a crash:

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/ilstatutes/105/5/11E

It's not obvious what is the problem. Every other URL I've ever popped into the field works fine. 

This is Filemaker Pro Advanced 12.0v5

• 1. Re: web viewer crash
          schamblee

I did a basic test and I didn't have any issues.   My test was done using IE on Windows 7.   You didn't state if you are using PC or Mac or what operating system you are using.   Is FM crashing , if so I would suggest running recover on the database.  An object on the layout or data in FM could be corrupt and that is causing the crash.  I would also suggest creating a brand new test database with just a webviewer and  the url you stated above and see if you get the same results.      

• 2. Re: web viewer crash
            tmlutas

The page renders fine on my OS X 10.10 system. It only crashes filemaker and I've already recovered the database, no difference. I'll try to create a new DB as you suggest. 

• 3. Re: web viewer crash
              schamblee

Recover does not always detect problems, which doesn't mean there is not any problems with the database.  The new database should help determine if there is an issue with your old database.  Do not copy anything from the old database to the new test database because you could copy the corrupted item to the new databases.   If the issue still occurs with the new test databases then I would  report an issue which is located at the top of  this page.