10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2010 1:21 PM by fluffyone

web viewer help

fluffyone

Title

web viewer help

Hi group

I have a web viewer on my form and it displays web pages without showing the web address, how can I display the current web address that it is showing?

regards

Fluffy

• 1. Re: web viewer help
          philmodjunk

Are you navigating to different locations via the viewer and want the current URL to be displayed or do you just view one web site from a given record and want to display it's URL?

• 2. Re: web viewer help
            fluffyone

Hi Phil

thanks for your reply, I am using the viewer to find information initially by google etc.. and then once the right informations is found I want to have the current page address listed in my form in a field.

If it can display in the web viewer I could cut and paste it. or possibley the current address could display in the field and change/update as I navigate around?

at the moment I right click select properties and then copy the address from there, but I would like to speed this up / simplfy it.

is this possible?

Regards  Fluffy.

• 3. Re: web viewer help
              philmodjunk

Judging by what I see in FileMaker help. This expression in an unstored calculation should work:

GetLayoutObjectAttribute(WebViewerobjectName; "Source" )
              You'll need to use the inspector to give your viewer an object name.
              • 4. Re: web viewer help
                fluffyone

Hi Phil

sorry if I sound thick, but what is the inspector?

• 5. Re: web viewer help
                  philmodjunk

It's a palette that pops up in FileMaker 11 that combines many different palettes and dialogs that we had in previous versions.

If you are using an older version, the field for giving a layout object a name is in the Object Info Palette.

• 6. Re: web viewer help
                    fluffyone

Hi Phil

I have created a calculation field in the table and for the calculation I entered: 

GetLayoutObjectAttribute(WebViewerobjectName; "Source" )
                    I entered my object name instead of "WebViewerobjectName" but an error message pops up saying specified field not found?
                    • 7. Re: web viewer help
                      fluffyone

Hi Phil

It's ok, i needed to put quotes in the command:

GetLayoutObjectAttribute("WebViewerobjectName"; "Source" )
                      Thanks for your help
                      regards
                      Fluffy
                      • 8. Re: web viewer help
                        fluffyone

Hi Phil

This is working for me, but I have to click in the field for it to update?
                        I have 3 fields in connection with this:

a web viewer, this is set to display a set page if field 1 is empty
                        field 1, if this has a web address entered then it will update the web browser
                        field 2, this shows the web address of the current shown website.

field 2 is a calculation field and has the calculation you supplied:
                        GetLayoutObjectAttribute("WebViewerobjectName"; "Source" )

The problem is I have to click into field 2 for it to update? I would like it to stay up to date and to refresh when the page changes. is this possible?

Regards  fluffy

• 9. Re: web viewer help
                          philmodjunk

What storage options for this calculation field did you choose?

In any case, you may see a delay as it takes time for the web viewer to load and you won't see it update until the viewer has finished loading.

• 10. Re: web viewer help
                            fluffyone

Hi Phil, thanks for your reply.

it is an unstored field. 

it is not a delay the page loads up ok in the web viewer.  I have to click in the field to get it to work or refresh the page. it is not a major issue and I can live with it, but it would be nice for it to update easier.

thanks for your help, regards fluffy.