11 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2011 5:54 PM by VanceMorrison

Web Viewer Help

VanceMorrison

Title

Web Viewer Help

I need to know how to loop a html file  that is running in the web viewer in a layout ..

• 1. Re: Web Viewer Help
          philmodjunk

Isn't this the same request you made earlier where you wanted to play a quicktime movie over and over in the web viewer?

Is this web viewer pointing at an external web page or a file on the local computer?

Suggestion: If you don't see a repsonse to your question, you can reply to your own question as a way to "bump" it back up to the top of Recent Items.

• 2. Re: Web Viewer Help
            VanceMorrison

This is another way to do it ..if I can make a script that is timed with in web viewer ..useing trigger scripts ..if that can be done ..

• 3. Re: Web Viewer Help
              philmodjunk

Yes, but is this a file local to the machine and are you attempting to play a quick time movie stored on your machine or local network?

If so, there may be a different way for you to do this.

• 4. Re: Web Viewer Help
                VanceMorrison

no im using macromedia Flash video .. I wrote a html file put the file on my hard drive and my database loads the file location in the web viewer and it plays but it will not repeat .. I want it to play in a loop until i change to another layout within my runtime ..So I need to know how to write a script trigger that it will loop until i change to anohther layout .. 

• 5. Re: Web Viewer Help
                  philmodjunk

See if this approach works:

Set Your Web Viewer to refer to a URL stored in a text field. To start the video, set this text field to the URL of the file. To play it again, set the field to "" to clear it, then set it back to the original URL and see if that works for you. (It may not be smooth enough to work like you want.)

If that works, you can script this in a loop that uses Pause/Resume to wait a specified amount of time that is just a bit more than the playing time of the movie. (You enter the playing time in a field.) Or you can get similar results with Install OnTimer.

Thing is, I don't have such a file to test this idea out on, so you'll have to try it for yourself and see if you can get it to work.

• 6. Re: Web Viewer Help
                    VanceMorrison

Thank you very much for helping me .. I have racked my brain for weeks on this ...I will try it ...and let you know ....Thanks again ...

Vance Morrison

• 7. Re: Web Viewer Help
                      VanceMorrison

How do I set the field to clear "" and set it back to the original URL ... since I put the file location(URL) in the text field...

• 8. Re: Web Viewer Help
                        philmodjunk

Use two text fields, one to store the URL permanently (StoredURL), and a different one, WebViewerURL,  that the web viewer refers to for the current URL.

Set Field [ Yourtable::ViewerURL ; YourTable::StoredURL ]

points the web viewer at your HTML file.

Set Field [YourTable::ViewerURL ; "" ]

Clears the field and points the web viewer at nothing.

I'm laying out a basic idea for experimentation. In addition to setting it to "", I'd experiment with just setting it back to the the same URL to see what happens that way.

• 9. Re: Web Viewer Help
                          VanceMorrison

Phil it worked .. thank you so much ... ....

vance

• 10. Re: Web Viewer Help
                            philmodjunk

Did you try my last suggestion? I'm curious to know if you really have to clear the field or just reset it to the same value.

• 11. Re: Web Viewer Help
                              VanceMorrison

I cleared the field and reinserted the field .. and it worked ... Thanks again ...

Vance Morrison