8 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2015 6:34 PM by Paper_Queen

Web Viewer help

danlee

Title

Web Viewer help

I have a web viewer set up and would like to know how I can make the entire web page fit inside the web viewer.  Right now I have scroll bars on bottom and side so the page is much bigger than the web viewer.  Makes it difficult to navigate in.

• 1. Re: Web Viewer help
          danlee

Was hoping there would be an answer to this...any help is much appreciated

• 2. Re: Web Viewer help
            schamblee

Another user had posted a similar question on another forum, I created a sample database you can download here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sf82h851bfgzzt4/webviewerSample.fmp12?dl=0

You have to use html to scale the website within the webviewer.

• 3. Re: Web Viewer help
              raybaudi

@ S Chamblee

I don't think that the embed tag can show an entire resizable web page.

•      

•  
                •      

• 4. Re: Web Viewer help
                schamblee

raybaudi

I guess it depends what you are trying to display.   I assumed the user wanted to display items from the website, such as used in the example.   Web browsers have scroll bars, so the logic would be that it would have to be something that would not look correct with scroll bars.

• 5. Re: Web Viewer help
                  raybaudi

I think that the request concerns the displaing , with zoom editable , of the entire web page . That is what you would get by pressing CTRL + mouse wheel .
                  • 6. Re: Web Viewer help
                    schamblee

raybaudi

So answer the question as you see fit.  I'm offering a answer based on how I understand the question.  It an open forum where users offer suggestions / answers and hopefully the correct one.  Sometimes another user has a better solutions than one that has been posted.  That is why it is great to be part of a forum.   I can help other people and learn new things myself. 

• 7. Re: Web Viewer help
                      danlee

Got it to work!  Thank you!

• 8. Re: Web Viewer help
                        Paper_Queen

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but in all my years messing around with FM, I've never used a web viewer until now.

Like the OP, I need the website landing page to appear full width (i.e., to fit the web veiwer window). Also like the OP, what I see cuts off the right 1/3 or so of the full webpage.

Unlike the OP, I have no scroll bars along the bottom, so it's impossible to even get to the right side of the webpage (I prefer not to have scrollbars anyway, so that isn't a loss).

What I don't understand is how/where to use the html referenced in Stacy Chamblee's answer, above. 

My target page is the Evernote login, which then leads me to my EN account.

Help, please...? Thanks!