0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2011 1:34 PM by kicks

Web Viewer: Java is Functioning in FMP10 but Not in FMP11 Advanced

kicks

Title

Web Viewer: Java is Functioning in FMP10 but Not in FMP11 Advanced

Can anyone help? I'm stumped ...

I cannot view Java through a web viewer in a layout in FMP11 Advanced. When my web viewer points to "http://javatester.org", for example, it shows up as blank when I click on the box to test the version of Java my browser is using, ie. Java is not functioning.

I have no problems veiwing Java with FMP 10, though, on the same machine, when I open the same test database with the same web viewer.

I have uninstalled FMP11 and then reinstalled, restarted the machine several times, installed Rosetta on the machine and then rebooted, and I am running the latest version of Java: version 1.6.0_22. Also, Java is installed and enabled in my web browsers, ie. Safari and Firefox. All browsers are up to date: Firefox 3.6.13, Safari 5.0.3 (6533.19.4). I have tested these to make sure, by going to javatester.org directly in both web browsers.

I have no firewalls, filters or spyware blocking Filemaker.

I am on a new MacBook Pro, running Mac OS 10.6.6.

Not sure if it matters, but I do have Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac installed and use on a daily basis.

Has anyone run into this issue before? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance