2 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2016 12:47 PM by justinc

WebDirect quirk, only on web browser

rt314@icloud.com

Title

WebDirect quirk, only on web browser

Hi all, I'm thinking this is a bug, but want to make sure first. My database is being used via WebDirect on web browsers, and I am having issues with a report layout that is in list view.  I have three different Sub-Summary categories that I am using, company, year and product type. 

The issue comes in when I refresh or sort to show all the sub-summaries (the issue is both in safari and chrome, on two different apples). The layout has a header, sub-summaries (one company can have multiple years under it and each year can have multiple products...the products each have summaries for all records of that product, and all the product info gives a summation to the year and then all the years give a summation to the company) a trailing grand summary, and a footer. 

When I'm in the web-based version and there are more than 3 sub-summary lines, whenever I click on any sub-summary line after the 3rd one, the page refreshes and shows me a smaller number of sub-summaries, the header and footer, but excludes the trailing grand summary. If I click on the first 3 sub-summaries or on any other section, nothing happens. If I try to repeat this on my local Filemaker Pro software, nothing happens. I have made object boxes and placed them on top of all sub-summaries and it still acts in this way. Also, if the browser is put on a screen that is big enough to not need a scroll bar, things work as they should. When I do a full report in another account that has many more companies, and thus sub-summary parts, the scrolling often acts a bit wonky. I have made sure there are no buttons or scripts in any of these parts.

To me, it seems like there's something going on in the html/css translation, particularly with the scroll function. If there are not any ideas, I will report this as a potential bug-- where would I do this? Thanks!

• 1. Re: WebDirect quirk, only on web browser
          davidanders

"Report an Issue" tab at the top of this page.

• 2. Re: WebDirect quirk, only on web browser
            justinc

I believe that I am having the same issue as you reported, but slightly different scenario.  We only have one sub-summary part; if I my web browser is not scrolled to the top, anytime I click on a record it will reset the scroll position to the top.  This includes clicking in null-space on a record row.  This only happens in WD; there aren't any triggers firing.  I'm on OS X 10.9.5, Safari 9.1.  I have also tried this in Chrome 50 and get the same problem.

But, oddly, other co workers in the same file don't have this issue.  They also are using Safari 9.1, but on later versions of OS X (10.11).  Our clients are sometimes stuck on older versions of the OS, though, so it would be nice to know what is going on and if there's a fix.