5 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2011 10:13 AM by cavenewt

WebEx Player for Snow Leopard

RayMentor

Title

WebEx Player for Snow Leopard

This may be a Duh question, but when I downloaded a few recent Filemaker webinar recordings and then tried to replay them later using the WebEx player (Intel version) they won't play because the player won't operate at all. Is there an updated version I'm missing? Couldn't locate any help on the WebEx site. Thanks in advance for guidance if you have it.

• 2. Re: WebEx Player for Snow Leopard
          RayMentor

Thanks for your link. I had in fact downloaded that previously and was still having the issue I reported. Last night, I finally spoke with a tech at WebEx and after a long remote session he discovered that my problem was that the previous version of WebEx player was NOT being overwritten by the newly downloaded version 2.9. Thus the old 2.8 version (in Library > Application Support > WebEx) was goobering up the 2.9.  Since there wasn't any "Uninstall" option in the WebEx app installer, it never occurred to me that I'd have to remove the old first.

So, mystery solved.  FYI, the link for downloading the player that is on the official Filemaker web page listing webinars gets you the old 2.8 version of player, not the 2.9 version you need for Snow Leopard.

• 3. Re: WebEx Player for Snow Leopard
            TSGal

RayMentor:

Thanks for the information about WebEx player version 2.8.  I have sent a message to our web team asking to replace this with version 2.9.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: WebEx Player for Snow Leopard
              TSGal

RayMentor:

Our web team has asked what web page does it show version 2.8?

"From the FileMaker WebEx page (http://filemakerevents.webex.com), there is a link for "Support" which has a Downloads option.  From there, you see a link for players.  But when you click on it, it asks for a user name and password which our viewers would not have since they don't host WebEx events."

Any information you can provide will help us correct this.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: WebEx Player for Snow Leopard
                cavenewt

Raymentor, thanks! This was driving me crazy. I got rid of the WebEx folder (which was in my user level Library/Application Support rather than the root level Library) and using your link, downloaded the WRF player that would launch successfully, rather than telling me that a player is not yet available for my operating system (Snow Leopard).

One more thing I discovered that might help some people--if you change the name of the file, all the player presents you with is a black screen with no content. I suppose it was silly of me to think I could change a file called “Filemaker_15DEC10_FIN2” into something more sensible like “Filemaker Advanced Scripting And Calculations".

I notice your exchange with TSGal was over a year ago, but the downloads offered on the archived programs site at 

https://filemakerevents.webex.com/mw0306ld/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=filemakerevents 

still give one the wrong WFR app--or perhaps some sort of help detailing how to delete the old player first is all it needs.

TSGal, When you click on a particular program to download it, you get a pop-up window that initiates the download, and tells you you have to have a WFR player for which there is also a download link. Here is an example:

https://filemakerevents.webex.com/mw0306ld/mywebex/nbrDownload.do?siteurl=filemakerevents