3 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2013 8:33 AM by philmodjunk

WebViewer Mask?

GeoffreyMartin

Title

WebViewer Mask?

Has anyone ever tried to mask a Webviewer to show only a specific line or area?  It appears that layout levels have no effect on webviewers.  On a slightly related issue, I have to webviewers on the same page that are overlapping.  I've sent one to the back and brought the other to the foreground in the layout.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason how they come up when I change between records.  

• 1. Re: WebViewer Mask?
          philmodjunk

I have two webviewers on the same page that are overlapping.  I've sent one to the back and brought the other to the foreground in the layout.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason how they come up when I change between records.

Have you considered placing each web viewer inside a different panel of a tab control? that will allow you to control which is visible and which is in front. The tab control can even be invisible with a script that determines which web viewer is visible at a given time.

• 2. Re: WebViewer Mask?
            GeoffreyMartin

I hadn't considered that on for the overlap.  Thanks for the tip.  Any ideas on creating a mask over the top of a webviewer?  I'm looking at a lot of table data and hoped to create a single line viewer (like the old school prism magnifying glass that you could use to find things in the phone book...remember those?)

• 3. Re: WebViewer Mask?
              philmodjunk

I answered to the part that made sense to me. I can't quite envision what you have in mind for your "mask", but have you experimented with a solid fill color for your web viewer?