4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2011 12:34 PM by AnitaWoods

Webviewer to find directions

AnitaWoods

Title

Webviewer to find directions

I am new to FM, and would like to put a Webviewer button that will automatically bring up directions from my home address to the address in the layout, using Google maps (or mapquest, or whatever).  Is that possible?  Can anyone help me?

• 1. Re: Webviewer to find directions
          DeShawnJackson

Yes, it is possible....

"http://local.google.com/maps?" & "hl=en&f=d&saddr=" & /*Address=*/ <yourstreet> & "," & /*City=*/ <yourcity> & "," & /*State=*/ <yourstate> & "," & /*Zip Code=*/ <yourzip> & "," & /*Country=*/ "" & "&daddr=" & /*Address=*/ <destination_street> & "," & /*City=*/ <destination_city> & "," & /*State=*/ <destination_state> & "," & /*Zip Code=*/ <destination_zip> & "," & /*Country=*/ "";

For the destination street, city, etc. insert the field name

• 2. Re: Webviewer to find directions
            AnitaWoods

Excellent, thank you very, very much.  The actual written code was extremely helpful, and it worked beautifully--I think.  I can't see the results, because there are no scroll bars.  How can I make vertical and horizontal scroll bars appear on the web viewer control?

• 3. Re: Webviewer to find directions
              DeShawnJackson

You're welcome. The google scroll bar is on the left where the directions are displayed. Place the mouse over that area and scroll down. It was much easier just to copy and paste my code. Smile

• 4. Re: Webviewer to find directions
                AnitaWoods

I mean scroll bars on the actual control inside FM.  The control I am using is just about 2"x2", so I can't see much of anything besides the google maps address boxes.  I can click the "<<" to close the left sidebar and can see better that way, just wondering if there was a way to put scrollbars on the control itself inside FM.  I did some googling "scrollbars on web viewer control in filemaker" and found several conversations that that option doesn't exist.  There were other workarounds for it though.  I think I have the control sized big enough now to see the << to close the sidebar, and that gives me full view of the actual map and I can use the little hand to move around.  Thanks DeShawn.