AnsweredAssumed Answered

Weird field copying problem

Question asked by mmccarty on Sep 16, 2009
Latest reply on Sep 16, 2009 by mmccarty

Title

Weird field copying problem

Hello,

I created a ordinary text field in a table and when I type in data for one record it over writes the data in another.  The field is not global and the table does not relate to itself in any way. 

Basically it is a table of Product types.  There are twelve types each with their own record. There are 4 fields in the table, one of which lets just call fieldOne is causing problems.  If I'm in the first record and I type "what's wrong" into fieldOne, "what's wrong" will now appear in records 6,8,9,and 12 no matter what was in the record before.  The other fields do not do this and the other records do not do this.  But for some reason I can not figure out records 1,6,8,9 and 12 over write each other's data for fieldOne.

I don't think has anything to do with relationship because I have another product type table (each order has two products who have distinct types) that is set up the exact same way, related to my products table the exact same way and there is no problem with fieldOne in that table.

Any ideas would be really helpful.

Outcomes