1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 13, 2013 10:10 AM by philmodjunk

Weird Get ( ActiveFieldContents ) in a portal

leonaisse

Title

Weird Get ( ActiveFieldContents ) in a portal

Hi

I have a portal that has two popup menus, Ill call them A and B.

On each pop up menu i have set the OnObjectSave script method to run seperate scripts ScriptA and ScriptB

ScriptA sets the value of a variable $A to Get ( ActiveFieldContents ) and ScriptB uses the Get ( ActiveFieldContents ) in an if statement to check the value of Popup B before running ScriptB.

My problem is ScriptB works but scriptA does not have a value for $A. So it seems the If Get ( ActiveFieldContents ) end if works but the Set Variable $A to Get ( ActiveFieldContents ) does not work.

Both pop up menus are in the same row?

Thanks

Leonaisse

• 1. Re: Weird Get ( ActiveFieldContents ) in a portal
          philmodjunk

Can you post the actual scripts that you are using?

And are you using Windows or Macs systems?

We've just recently identified a key difference in behavior with pop up menus over in Report An Issue between windows and mac systems that might play a role in what you are also seeing here.

For More Information see:     OnRecordLoad Not Triggering If PopUp Menu Selected

This is one of many acknowledged bugs that can be found in the Known Bug List thread here in the Report an Issue section of the forum.

It can also be downloaded as a database file from:    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jt09b82i0xijbu3/FMP%20Bugs.zip

To post a script to the forum:

1.           You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
          3.           You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here.
          5.           If You have FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          7.           If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format.