3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2011 11:59 AM by davidanders

What are the Snow Leopard problems ?

NikkiMcAllen

Title

What are the Snow Leopard problems ?

Before I buy I was trying to search what problems are being encountered with using 10.6.6 with Filemaker 11.  (Already I can't get the demo to work.  No text in the 'solutions' templates)

Unfortunately I cannot find a way to search the forum for version 11 answers only because the search engine refuses words under three letters.  I get 636 hits to scroll through even when putting a + sign before the word.

So what is the story with the FM/Snow Leopard troubles ?  Any ideas how I can shorten/focus that search return ?  I'm in Asia paying for internet by the minute. 

Imagine my disappointment when I learned I would have to download Filemaker  a second time when I buy it, something like 12 hour commitment to do both....

So far Filemaker is not a very good experience at all.

• 1. Re: What are the Snow Leopard problems ?
          RickWhitelaw

Hi,

I use Snow Leopard and FMPA 11 and I've had no problems. That's not to say none exist. I simply haven't encountered any and I use the program intensively. 

You could avoid downloading a second time by ordering a hard copy in the mail. I don't know why you would need to download it a second time when you're really just purchasing a license code.

RW

• 2. Re: What are the Snow Leopard problems ?
            NikkiMcAllen

Thanks for the input,

I have a bad bug that prevents me from using any of the Starter Solutions in the demo.  I'm using 10.6.6 and a one line post asking me if I was using  Snow Leopard seemed ominous.  Still waiting for more input on that one.

I'm overseas at the moment and would take a month to ship a package. That's why a 400 meg download is such a pain. 

Also thought about the license code thing , but it wouldn't do me much good since the software (demo) doesn't work anyway !

Appreciate the time, still twisting on the decision.  It's as much the money as the learning curve committing to FM Pro as my provider.

• 3. Re: What are the Snow Leopard problems ?
              davidanders

Google  "filemaker snow leopard font problem"

http://www.google.com/search?q=filemaker+snow+leopard+font+problem

The lack of hits indicate that the problem is not common.

If you start in Safe Mode (shift key down at startup) and test

then create a New User in Accounts in System Preferences, logout and login as new user, and test.

You may find different results.

Of course the download could be corrupt.

Running a maintenance utility, such as AppleJack, YASU or Onyx may help.  (font caches can be corrupt and need deletion)